Thursday, November 3, 2011

new york in colors

Dear friend w saw my last post of New York in b&w and now she wants to see the same photos in colors - so here they are.

I personally prefer the b&w version.  But regardless of individual preferences, it's quite obvious that b&w or color photos, depending on how you present them, tell very different stories.

Some may think that switching the same photo between b&w and colors is a snap, but it's not.  A lot of effort is needed to make sure you produce a consistent color tone, texture and feel - especially when you're presenting multiple photos at the same time.  I have to say I didn't do such a fantastic job here.  The 3rd photo seems almost out of place.  It doesn't really have the same vibe as the first two, although I tried to make them look as consistent as possible...  This really shows that post-processing is a very import part of the photography workflow.  Gosh, I still have so much to learn!


1 comment:

  1. Third image . . . terrific. You know how much I like b/w shots. I think I like the color version more. I can see the purpose in the man's face.

    David

    ReplyDelete