Thursday, November 3, 2011

lights and reflections

I took these shots without a tripod so they're not as crisp and sharp as they should be.  Night scenes are something I really need to practice more seriously - which means I need to drag my lazy butt out in the cold with a tripod... and maybe with a cup of hot chocolate!

Compare these photos with what I've posted previously, it made me realize how New York is truly an amazing city for photographers.  You can pretty much shoot anything and everything, and they can all end up inspiring you one way or another.  For example, the first photo here.  I was on my way to Penn Station to take the train home, and decided to stop by ICP to look at the Empire State building and its reflection on another high-rise.  I never thought I would end up shooting something like this.  It just somehow appeared in my viewfinder and I knew I found something magical.  I guess sometimes it's all about being at the right place at the right time - with an open mind.


2 comments:

  1. I love these! but can't figure out the 3rd photo...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks w. My only fan on this blog lol.

    It's actually a big billboard with bunch of spotlights on top, and I loved how the lights reflected on the surface of the dark colored billboard - so this is the result!

    ReplyDelete