Tuesday, October 25, 2011

still life

This past weekend my homework assignment was to create still life photos.  I didn't want to go home taking boring practice shots so thought I would walk around 5th Avenue and check out the new UNIQLO flagship store as well.

It's hard to shoot 5th Avenue with the still life concept in mind.  I mean, it's a place full of fast moving cars, enthusiastic tourists, and aromatic hot dog vendors!  So taking still life shots would probably be the last thing a photographer wants to do.

After walking a block or two, I realize that the store display windows are wonderful subjects for this exercise.  They're full of glitz and glams and are very attractive subjects indeed for a non-new yorker like me!

I have to say that this is the type of photo I am comfortable with and I've developed an eye for interesting subjects and composition.  Now I really have to start venturing into the unknown by experimenting different shots and stretching the creative mind - so that eventually, I can find my own unique point of view.

"To remain static is to lose ground." -- David Packard




No comments:

Post a Comment